Ever since the 1950’s when Scott built the 3400 tailwheel hub, (or as some people refer to as the cap, knuckle or upper tailwheel boss) it has had wear issue problems. All the after-market products, McCauley, XP Mods, and others have had the same issue. Some use castings or low grade aluminum forgings.
- The Hub bolt works free after just a few hundred hours of use due to porous grain
- The bearing surface inside where the turn arm mates wears aluminum against steel
- The kick-out pawl wears away at the 1/4 slot in the back of the hub
- The shimmy dampener spring holes wear and crack out through the sides
- The main mount hole and the attach holes “egg out”
Now comes the 2015 space age fix:
- Material change to the highest strength copper based aluminum alloy that has the same strength as low carbon steel, it more than doubles the strength!
- Better war resistance from close molecular grain, 4X the resistance
- Corrosion resistant
- Lighter than original
- Machined from a solid bar using CAD computer machining techniques
- Reasonable price, saves money on replacement costs
- Fits all existing Scott, XMods or other similar applications
Contact Us for more information.